Friday, March 7, 2008

Solitude?

Sometimes you feel lonely when you are alone - other times you feel in touch with yourself.

During my growing up days (not that I make any claims that that phase is completely over :-)) I used to spend a lot of times by myself - and I used to feel so good afterwards.

Today I am getting that feeling back again. Have you ever felt this feeling of being alone but not fully too? It's nice I tell you - or maybe it's just me.

So I woke up at 6 AM today (I have almost forgotten that there exists single-digit AMs nowadays - oh wait - there is 2 and 3 AM! Right! But anything after that - naaah!)

And I worked after that - believe me - I worked at 6 AM although there was no real urgency to that effect. But this somehow ruined my day I guess - I went late to work and the whole day just passed like that - meetings and discussions. I did manage to scrape in the bare minimum work anyway...

But the whole day I was feeling like I wanted to spend some time with myself - just doing nothing. Enough of doing something all the time.

So I went for a movie - I wanted to see these 4 or 5 movies since 2 weeks - and I finally made 1 today. Definitely, Maybe. Turned out I liked it a lot - reminds me of my life in some ways - anyway it was a nice movie. Then I started having these solitude/melancholy feelings - yes these words generally are associated with a negative state of mind - but from my personal experience - it's good for you - as long as it's short time. Considering tomorrow morning I have to go play cricket at 8 AM and have lots of other plans for the day there's not much scope of this mood getting extended.

Anyway - right now I am sitting in my balcony - with lights dimmed out - and Nirvana's acoustic tracks playing in the background - looking at the streets 23 floors below me, the mild rain and the people - the lights from all these high-rises around me. Nice... Nirvana just does something to me...

Basically just enjoying the atmosphere - thinking things slowly in a relaxed manner (ok with a beer too - I love European beers by the way) - and that's it.

Quite an abrupt ending - but I never much to say to start with :-)

6 comments:

Anurag said...

ha ha
good that u r enjoying ur solitude...me too will start doing that...now that college is over...n i will be leaving campus soon...n will be working in gurgaon...n almost all friends are in bombay....so i too will "enjoy" solitude :D

Arnab said...

@anurag

well, have you never liked it before? I have. So when are you starting at Gurgaon?

Vijay Bhaskar Chowdary --> VBC said...

i am sure you did all that on a weekend :)

Nice post man...

Arnab said...

@bhaskar - no dude it was a weekday evening if I remember right! Or maybe a Friday!

Hitchhiker said...

It's very nice when you feel zoned in and in touch with yourself ... coincidentally just had a day like that today :)

Arnab said...

@hitchhiker

so now u know how it feels. I love it. Even if I am not in the zone this definitely gets me right in it.

BTW, no blogs in 2008? come on gal!