Wednesday, November 21, 2007

TWICK- 5 things needed to avoid random unfortunate situations

Imagine living in an apartment full of strangers and not-so-friendly-doormen (add strict apartment regulations).
Now imagine you live alone (or maybe your roomie is away - unreachable for all practical purpose).
Next, imagine you never thought or felt it's important to have a backup of your keys. Yeah now you know where I am going...

But, no, you didn't drop it somewhere (that will be a real nightmare - and probably you won't be in a position or mood to write a blog about it shortly afterwards) - you, being the big absent-minded buffoon you are, left it inside the apartment and locked the door. Huh... there you go...

Of course I can never do something like that. But it's possible for anybody. And so, even though I never experienced the very same thing - let alone THREE times in the last ONE year, I still gained enough wisdom to educate the naive world about the problems that this comes with. If you read on, you will even find a grand solution to this problem.


I could rant on and on about the possible unfortunate situations you might be in. Let's just name a few random ones, just for your sake:
  1. You parents/sister might be temporarily visiting you. All their stuff could be inside the house. It might be 11 PM. It might even be the night before the grand long-awaited morning on which you take them for a vacation to Florida - the flight being at 5 AM. God save your parents/sister...
  2. You might be too boozed to even walk properly (and that usually does not happen before around 2 AM - if you are like me). God save you...
  3. The apartment rules say that you have to pay $100 for every unlock!!! Again, God save you man...
  4. The doorman could be a real ***hole - saying the guy who unlocks the room is unavailable till next morning (and you already read points 2 & 3 above right?). God save the doorman!!!
Anyway, I can think of at least another 1000 ****ed-up situations like this. But I never waste time. You can keep thinking though...

Of course, a man like me will never be caught in any of these situations... Because I have the perfect solution (rather a prevention) for this - my TWICKs!!!

And the best news - I am going to share that with you. Of course you will say (after reading) that you thought of this a long time ago - you already knew about it!!! What crap! Even I can say that - No one told me about this (not a guy named Rajesh Ramanathan anyway) - I thought of this solution myself.

But the real truth is, I really thought of this myself - and you just read it in my blog. However, I am generous enough not to apply for a US Patent for this method. So you can boast whatever you want.

Anyway, enough and more digressing. Let's come back to the solution: You just need a simple formula to remind you before you get out of your house.

For those of you mathematically gifted, think of 5 (it could be less or for you. It's 5 for me. As it is, for some very basic concepts - The 5 elements, The 5 sacred Sikh symbols, the 5 basics pillars of Islam, Maroon 5, The 5 oceans, The Pentium!!! Whatever, I am digressing again - 5 is for me).

For the rest of you, think "TWICK" (again it could be something else for you. And I could ramble on about very basic concepts evolving around "TWICK" - but the word does it for me).

Before leaving the room, I always count 5 things, the "TWICK"s. If the count or letters are missing - something's missing. Very very simple.

What the hell is TWICK - Timepiece, Wallet, iPod, Cell and Keys (in no particular order)...

Now that you have read it all - go integrate this into your life.

Feel like killing me ? First do that to the doorman who did this to me!!!

5 comments:

Anurag said...

iPod....US patent...angrez ke chude :P :P

Arnab said...

saale iPod is an essential device for running a day-to-day life...

ab music se koi connection nahi hai toh how will you know? ;-)

Unknown said...

Other than knowing the time, what do you use the timepiece for ?

-Vinay(Murthy)

Arnab said...

@vinay - Now now now... Don't get into too much details. I had to make it 5 things. 5 is the number for me right? ;-)

But seriously, I have always been wearing a watch and can't imagine being without it. It's like too much money. You can live without it, but you don't feel alright!!!

And a "W" added to "WICK" doesn't make sense - not a catchy word. Hence "T" - timepiece.

Unknown said...

I'm reading this too late Arnab!! But I'll still add to Vinay, the cell phone you carry could serve the purpose of both the iPod and the Timepiece. :-P

Long time!! How have you been... seems you've made Seattle your home.